Mary J. Gehrett, NP, CNM
- Obstetrics and GynecologyMidwifery
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, Main Pavilion, Level 4
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Mary Jo Gehrett, APRN, CNM, is a certified nurse-midwife at UVM Medical Group Obstetrics and Midwifery in Burlington, Vermont.
Her clinical focus includes obstetrics, well-woman gynecology, phenomenology of birth and lactation, and mindful birthing preparation. She provides prenatal, birthing and postpartum care, as well as perimenopause and menopause counseling. Ms. Gehrett also offers contraception services, including IUD insertion.
As a clinical instructor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM, Ms. Gehrett's research interests include the phenomenology of birth and lactation.
Ms. Gerhrett holds a BSN from the University of Vermont College of Nursing and Health Sciences and a CNM degree from the University of Rhode Island School in Nursing. She began practicing at the Medical Center in 2009.
Learn more about the department of Obstetrics and Midwifery at The University of Vermont Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Midwifery Certification Board - MidwiferyAmerican Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography - Obstetrics and Gynecology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.