Martin Keller, MD
- Pediatric Surgery
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, Specialty Center
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Martin Keller, MD is a pediatric surgeon and the pediatric trauma medical director at the UVM Medical Center. He is also an associate professor of surgery at the Larner College of Medicine.
Dr. Keller manages a variety of conditions, including hernias, appendicitis, gallbladder disease, gastrostomies, Hirschsprung’s disease, congenital bowel obstructions, pectus excavatum and carinatum, and congenital lung lesions. He also specializes in minimally invasive abdominal and thoracic surgery.
Dr. Keller’s research interests include pediatric trauma, firearm injuries, abdominal trauma and trauma system development. His published research can be found here.
Dr. Keller chose a career in medicine to help others. He is fascinated by the science of pediatric surgery and the wide variety of problems he has the ability to positively impact. He considers himself a big kid at heart, which makes interactions with his patients easy. A "fist pump" from his patients at the end of the visit tells him he has successfully connected with them.
He most enjoys developing trusting relationships with patients and families that can last beyond the acute illness. The greatest reward is seeing a child or parent who is nervous at first contact, leave the visit smiling and confident. His goal with every patient is to get them back to being a kid as quickly as possible.
Learn more about pediatric surgery at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Surgery - General SurgeryAmerican Board of Surgery - Surgical Critical CareAmerican Board of Surgery - Pediatric Surgery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.