Mark A. Haimes, MD is an orthopedic surgeon, hip and knee specialist, at the UVM Medical Center and an assistant professor of orthopedics and rehabilitation at the Larner College of Medicine. He manages a variety of conditions, including hip and knee arthritis, avascular necrosis, hip dysplasia, knee osteonecrosis, hip and knee pain, and hip and knee replacement complications/failures. His published research can be found here.
Dr. Haimes believes the relationship between a patient and their joint replacement surgeon is a lifelong one, and the most rewarding aspect of his job is having a positive impact on patients' quality of life. He is thankful for the opportunity to help patients with their hip and knee pain.
Each patient’s situation is unique, and Dr. Haimes tries to spend as much time as necessary with each patient to help understand their needs and ensure they are comfortable with their diagnosis and treatment plan. He takes pride in his work and treats every individual as if he were treating his family.
Learn more about the hip and knee surgery program at the UVM Medical Center.
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.