Dr. Marissa Coleman is a clinical psychologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center. She specializes in posttraumatic adjustment, families in transition, women's issues, maternal mental health, and survivors of childhood abuse. Her research interests include Health disparities in communities of color, international psychology and human rights, and trauma recovery.
Dr. Coleman is passionate about health and healing and believes that the connection between mind, body, and spirit is powerful. Her own multicultural background enables her to view challenges from multiple perspectives, as well as, honor the cultures of each individual and family in which she works. She views it a privilege to be invited into patients' lives as they share their narratives.
Dr. Coleman works with individuals from diverse cultural and faith backgrounds. She believes all people, regardless of age, have an innate capacity to grow, heal, and change if they are provided a safe, supportive, and encouraging environment. She listens for solutions while, simultaneously, connecting the past to the present in order to achieve thorough healing. She uses an integrative framework, including evidence-based strategies, to provide a holistic, relational, and experiential approach to change.
Learn more about psychological services at the UVM Medical Center.
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.