Dr. Marios Prikis is a nephrologist and the medical director of kidney and pancreas transplant programs at the University of Vermont Medical Center. He serves as associate professor of medicine for the Larner College of Medicine at UVM.
Dr. Prikis specializes in kidney transplants, pancreas transplants, chronic kidney disease and hypertension. His research interests include acute antibody mediated rejection, which is a common complication that occurs after transplantation.
In his early school years, Dr. Prikis was fascinated with the complexity of how the human body works. Learning to help people is what inspired him to pursue medicine and to push even further forward to research new ways of treatments, new medications, and new hope.
Dr. Prikis creates personal relationships with his patients and is easily accessible to them. He wants his patients to feel secure so he can more easily help them manage their problems. He finds nothing more rewarding and gratifying than seeing his patients getting better and returning back to their family and community.
Learn more about nephrology and transplant surgery at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine - Nephrology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.