Cardiology - Main Campus
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, McClure, Level 1
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Dr. Marc Tischler is the director of the cardiac ultrasound laboratory and a cardiologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center. Dr. Tischler specializes in all forms of valvular heart disease, congestive heart failure, and coronary artery disease, as well as cardiac imaging, and Ischemic heart disease.
As an associate professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM, Dr. Tischler’s research interest has been in mitral regurgitation with an emphasis on stress echocardiography. He is an active member of the heart team that helps care for patients with valvular heart disease and firmly believes that when you come to the UVM Medical Center as a patient, you don’t just get him as your cardiologist, you get all of his colleagues and their combined expertise to help determine the optimal approach to your problem.
He wants patients to know that he takes them, their families and their condition very seriously and appreciates that their care is entrusted to him. He also strives to provide personal care so that his patients feel like human beings with real concerns and not just a number in an electronic medical record.
His approach is to provide supportive care with clear communication, always striving to not only focus on the heart but the patient's collective health. He also prides himself on being fully engaged with patients and not with the computer monitor in the exam room.
Learn more about cardiology at the University of Vermont Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.