Hematology and Oncology - UVMMC Main Campus
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, Main Pavilion, Level 2
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Mansour Gergi, MD is a hematologist and medical oncologist at the UVM Medical Center, and an assistant professor of medicine at the Larner College of Medicine.
Dr. Gergi manages a variety of conditions including lymphoma, myeloma, MDS and AML, and autologous stem cell transplant. His research interests include bleeding and cardiovascular care in patients with cancer, especially with hematologic malignancies. His published research can be found here.
Dr. Gergi chose his specialty because he appreciates the long-term relationships he builds with his patients. He loves interacting with patients, and his mission is always to make a positive impact in their lives. He tries to take the time to listen to his patients, and does his best to explain their disease and treatment to them so they can fully understand their condition, and help him make the decisions that are best for them. He always tells his patients, “You are in the driver’s seat – I help you by making recommendations based on my knowledge, but we make decisions together.”
Learn more about hematology & oncology at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.