Dr. Lisa Anne Rasmussen is a pediatric neurologist at the University of Vermont Children’s Hospital and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM. She specializes in pediatric neurology and palliative care, with a special interest in biomedical ethics. She also incorporates aspects of whole person care and mindfulness into her practice.
Dr. Rasmussen's clinical focus is in general pediatric neurology including developmental delay, seizures/epilepsy, and headaches/concussion. She also has a particular interest in neonatal neurology.
Dr. Rasmussen’s research interest lies in qualitative research, currently focused on prognostication (a doctor’s prediction of future outcome) and the communication of prognostic information to patients and families.
Dr. Rasmussen’s goal in every patient encounter is to provide presence and openness to patients and their families to best address whatever issues are at hand. She believes strongly in an integrated team approach, working as part of a healthcare team and focusing on patient- and family-centered care. Her hope is to be as helpful as she can be to colleagues, patients, and families.
Learn more about pediatric neurology at the University of Vermont Children’s Hospital.
- Member Board
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada - Neurology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.