Lauren K. MacAfee, MD
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, Main Pavilion, Level 4
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Dr. Lauren MacAfee is a gynecologist and obstetrician at the University of Vermont Medical Center, and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT. Dr. McAffee specializes in obstetrics, gynecology, reproductive health, family planning, and substance use disorders.
Her research interests include the intersection of reproductive health and women with substance use disorders.
Dr. MacAfee chose medicine because it allows her to combine her love for science with her passion for helping people. She thrives on being able to support a woman through a difficult decision, provide compassionate care, and connect with women during emotionally difficult and challenging times.
Dr. MacAfee is proud to focus on patients who often are stigmatized within the medical profession, women seeking abortion and women with substance use disorders.
She has been recognized for her work in teaching and compassionate care from medical students and residents, including receiving the Gold Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award. Her goal is to reduce barriers and improve access to comprehensive reproductive health care and family planning services for women in our region.
Learn more about women’s health at the University of Vermont Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Obstetrics and Gynecology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.