Krista Buckley, MD is a psychiatrist and director of global mental health at the UVM Medical Center. She is also an assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine.
She manages a variety of conditions, including depression, anxiety, ADHD, PTSD, bipolar disorder and schizoaffective disorder. Her published research can be found here.
Dr. Buckley was originally deciding between going into architecture and medicine, because she was drawn to the intersection of science and art in both fields. After joining the medical field, she was planning on going into family medicine but felt that psychiatry allowed her more space to approach working with patients as whole people. She loves getting to know people and their resilience and humanity. Helping people understand themselves, their brains and their behaviors and move towards the life they want is the most rewarding career she can think of.
In medicine, providers work with people often at their most vulnerable. Dr. Buckley hopes to make people feel comfortable, seen, and understood in their interactions with her. She works with patients and primary care doctors to help empower them to make the best choices for the patient’s mental health. Her hope is that every patient leaves a visit feeling like they understand themselves, their condition and their treatment options better.
Learn more about psychiatry at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Psychiatry
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.