Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
792 College Parkway
Fanny Allen, Medical Office Building, Suite 101
Colchester, VT 05446-3052
Dr. Krista Evans is a general surgeon specializing in colon and rectal surgery at The University of Vermont Medical Center and assistant professor at the UVM College of Medicine in Burlington, VT.
Dr. Evans specializes in colon and rectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, diverticular disease, fecal incontinence, rectal prolapse (a condition in which the rectum loses its normal attachments inside the body), rectocele and enterocele management, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and general surgery.
Her research interests include fecal incontinence, rectal prolapse, diverticular resections, bowel anastomosis complications, and restorative procetectomy, a procedure that helps patients who have had their large intestine removed, pass stool voluntarily.
As the daughter of a physician, Dr. Evans saw how her father enjoyed taking care of patients on a daily basis. She was drawn to surgery because of her appreciation for the gravity of problems patients and their families are trying to manage and the satisfaction of helping them understand their choices and what would be best for them as individuals. Surgery can be a solution and can also be a means to improve quality of life.
- Member Board
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery - Colon and Rectal SurgeryAmerican Board of Surgery - General Surgery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.