Dr. Kimberlee Roy is a clinical child psychologist at Hagan, Rinehart and Connolly Pediatricians. She specializes in psychological issues in pediatric hematology/oncology, mental health in pediatric primary care, children's anxiety about medical procedures, and transgender children and adolescents. She treats patients with anxiety, depression, children who have problems adjusting to illness, as well as other common child and adolescent problems.
There is nothing she loves more than seeing patients or their parents several years after they have finished treatment and finding out how well they are doing and what they are doing with their lives now. Dr. Roy sees her role as an opportunity to help children and adolescents at a crucial point in their lives, where things can go one of two ways...they can learn how to cope effectively with distress and become more adaptive or they can learn non-adaptive coping mechanisms. Her hope is that she can give them the tools that they can use for a lifetime, not just for whatever they are going through right now. She also wants to show her patients that asking for help is okay, that we all need help sometimes, and that having anxiety or depression or some other "mental health problem" is not something to be ashamed of, it's something to work with.
Learn more about psychological services at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Professional Psychology - Child and Adolescent Psychology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.