Dr. McLean joined the division of Maternal Fetal Medicine as an obstetrician in 2011. Her clinical work focuses on high-risk obstetrics, and clinical specialties include cervical cerclage, genetic amniocentesis, fetal blood transfusion and fetal diagnostic ultrasound. Dr. McLean provides prenatal diagnostics and prenatal care in medically complex situations and manages diabetes and hypertension in pregnancy, preterm labor and complicated pregnancies. Her care philosophy is to work hard to do the right thing for each of her patients, maintaining open and honest communication.
Dr. McLean serves academically as an assosciate professor of Maternal Fetal Medicine. She leads the work of the department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at The University of Vermont Medical Center/UVM Clinical Simulation Laboratory, and works with residents in simulation training.
Her research interests include coagulation disorders, thrombosis risk in pregnancy and simulation training. Please find links to Dr. McLean’s PubMed research below:
- Member Board
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Maternal-Fetal MedicineAmerican Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Obstetrics and Gynecology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.