111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, East Pavilion, Level 5
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Katrina Ducis, MD is a pediatric neurosurgeon at the University of Vermont Medical Center, and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont.
Dr. Ducis knows that visiting a pediatric neurosurgeon can sound intimidating. Her goal is to educate families and engage patients to help reduce the anxiety that can be associated with visiting a doctor. She does this through conversation, listening, laying out expectations and reviewing the child's imaging during the office or hospital visit. Questions are welcomed, and encouraged, as they display family engagement and understanding. While taking care of the patient is her top priority, family participation and acceptance is also of profound importance.
Dr. Ducis treats a variety of conditions, including cerebrovascular disorders, myelomeningocele (spina bifida), brain and spinal cord tumors, pediatric epilepsy, Chiari malformations, tethered spinal cord, hydrocephalus, and spine trauma. Special procedures she performs include endoscopic third ventriculostomy, endoscopic arachnoid cyst fenestration, microsurgery for brain and spine tumors, arteriovenous malformations and cavernous malformations, and epilepsy surgery.
Dr. Ducis’s research interests include pediatric cerebrovascular disease and quality improvement.
Learn more about pediatric neurosurgery at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Neurological Surgery - Neurological Surgery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.