Dr. Kaitlin Ostrander is a pediatric hospitalist at the University of Vermont Medical Center in Burlington. Each day she is grateful to take care of children of all ages, together with their families and the Medical Center’s interdisciplinary teams.
In addition to the care Dr. Ostrander provides her patients, she serves as an assistant professor of pediatrics for UVM's Larner College of Medicine. Her academic work focuses on advanced care communication, resident and physician wellness, early education and community innovation. You can Dr. Ostrander’s publications by visiting her Larner College of Medicine academic profile.
Dr. Ostrander is the recipient of the American Academy of Pediatrics Special Achievement Award; for work on the Vermont Early Learning Collaborative (2019), the Resident Teaching Award for excellence in teaching (2016), the Massachusetts Medical Society Scholar Award (2016), and the Tufts University Honos Civicus Inductee; for leadership in community service (2016).
Read more about Pediatric Hospital Medicine services at UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatric Hospital MedicineAmerican Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
If your insurance carrier is not listed below, please call Customer Service at (802) 847-8000.
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee product participation. Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)*
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.