Dr. Julie Adams Lahiri is an Associate Professor of Surgery at the Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont. She joined the division of Vascular Surgery at the University of Vermont Medical Center in 2005 after completing her fellowship in Vascular Surgery at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. She first came to Vermont in 1997 to train for five years in General Surgery and complete an additional year of research, and has long considered Vermont her home.
Her clinical interests including caring for patients with a spectrum of venous disease, including those with symptomatic or cosmetically-concerning varicose veins or prior deep venous thrombosis, and also those with advanced venous wounds and lymphedema. Dr. Lahiri values a multidisciplinary approach that allows for the optimization of care for each individual patient. She is also passionate about increasing the awareness of pelvic venous disorders and finding ways to increase prevention of advanced chronic venous disease.
Dr. Lahiri has served in leadership of the General Surgery Residency Training Program from 2007 to 2020, most recently as Program Director for seven years. She enjoys teaching UVM Medical Center residents and medical students from the Larner College of Medicine.
She and her husband feel privileged to live in Vermont and to be able to raise their two children in such a supportive community.
- Member Board
- American Board of Surgery - General SurgeryAmerican Board of Surgery - Vascular Surgery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.