Joseph M. Kennedy, MD
- Emergency Medicine
Elizabethtown Community Hospital
75 Park Street
Elizabethtown, NY 12932
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, West Pavilion, Level 1
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Joseph Kennedy, MD is an emergency medicine physician at the University of Vermont Medical Center and assistant professor of emergency medicine at the Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont.
Dr. Kennedy treats a variety of conditions, including exposures to hazardous materials; interpretation of drug or toxin blood / urine test results; venomous insect / animal exposure; occupational exposures; environmental exposures; heavy metal exposure and chelation management; and any other medical emergency.
Dr. Kennedy believes that the needs of the patient come first, and that each and every patient has unique needs. To that end, he hopes to provide a very empathetic and open-minded patient care experience. Patients having a medical emergency, as well as patients that have had a dangerous exposure or poisoning, require special treatment, and he hopes to provide calm and reassurance in a moment of crisis.
Teamwork and the chance to interact with people from all walks of life keep Dr. Kennedy excited to come to work every day. He enjoys the breadth and acuity that a career in emergency medicine affords, but also relishes the opportunity to take more time and form a longitudinal relationship with patients as a toxicologist.
Learn more about emergency medicine at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Emergency Medicine - Emergency Medicine
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.