111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, Specialty Center
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Dr. Jonathan Flyer is a pediatric cardiologist at the University of Vermont Children’s Hospital and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT. Dr. Flyer specializes in conditions such as congenital heart disease, acquired heart disease, heart rhythm abnormalities, chest pain, fainting, and heart murmurs in children and adolescents.
His research interests include supraventricular tachycardia (a faster than normal heart rate) after heart transplant, anomalous aortic origins of coronary arteries (a rare heart disease in children), peer mentorship in general & sub-specialty pediatric training, electrocardiogram parameters in acute heart transplant rejection and pediatric cardiology quality improvement metrics and outcomes.
Dr. Flyer takes pride in building longstanding relationships with his patients and families from birth to adulthood and from intense cardiac critical care to healing and healthy hearts. His goal is to listen carefully to his patients and provide a simple understanding of complex diagnoses.
Learn more about pediatric cardiology at the University of Vermont Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatric CardiologyAmerican Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.