Dr. Jon Porter is the medical director and division chief of the Comprehensive Pain Program at the University of Vermont Medical Center and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM. In his work with individuals suffering from chronic pain conditions, Dr. Porter is aware that the experience of chronic pain affects every aspect of an individual's life. The work of the Comprehensive Pain Program is to understand each person's story as fully as possible and to use the expertise of traditional medical and integrative clinicians to support them in achieving optimal comfort, function, wellness, and empowerment in managing their condition.
Dr. Porter finds his greatest satisfaction in developing relationships with his patients and supporting them in finding the best strategies for optimizing their health and sense of wellbeing. He values the privilege of serving as a member of a team which includes a diverse range of clinical expertise.His research interests include the effectiveness of integrative therapies in chronic pain, and the use of trans-disciplinary teams in patient care.
Learn more about pain medicine at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Family Medicine - Family Medicine
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.