John G. King, MD
- Family Medicine - Hospital MedicineFamily Medicine - Primary Care
Family Medicine - Milton
28 Centre Drive
Milton, VT 05468-3104
CVPH Family Medicine Center
159 Margaret Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901-1874
CVMC ExpressCare - Berlin
1311 Barre-Montpelier Road
Berlin, VT 05602
Central Vermont Medical Center
130 Fisher Road
Berlin, VT 05602-8132
A native of Syracuse, NY, Dr. John King is a graduate of the University of Rochester School of Medicine. He completed his family medicine residency at Duke University in Durham, NC and earned a Master of Public Health at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, NC.
He joined The University of Vermont Medical Center’s Milton Family Practice as the family medicine residency program director in 2003. Dr. King is the vice chair for Academics and Regional Development, and in 2013, became a professor of family medicine at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM. He also began work to form an affiliated family medicine residency at The University of Vermont Health Network Champlain Valley Physician’s Hospital in Plattsburgh, NY.
Dr. King enjoys the full spectrum of family medicine and the opportunity to work with individuals and families. He is skilled in maternity and newborn care and has delivered babies for over 20 years. His area of expertise also includes pediatric, adolescent, adult, elder care and office procedures. Dr. King has earned certificates of added qualification in sports medicine and geriatrics.
His special procedures include: skin biopsies, excisions, cryotherapy, joint and soft tissue injections, implantable contraception, casting and splinting, colposcopies and vasectomies. When asked, Dr. King described his care philosophy in four words— comprehensive, coordinated, continuous and compassionate.
Outside of the practice, Dr. King is married with three children and enjoys a variety of outdoor activities, including telemark and cross-country skiing and mountain biking.
- Member Board
- American Board of Family Medicine - Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family Medicine - Geriatric MedicineAmerican Board of Family Medicine - Sports Medicine
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.