Dr. Jill Rinehart is an attending physician at the University of Vermont Medical Center and the director of the Pediatric Residency program. Her focus as a pediatrician is family-centered care, patient-focused medical home, Autism, adolescent health, and children with special health care needs.
Dr. Rinehart fell in love with Vermont as an undergraduate at Dartmouth College. Before joining UVM Medical Center’s primary care team, Dr. Rinehart spent 20 years at a private practice in Burlington as a full-time community pediatrician. Her interest in teaching and advocacy led her to a career pivot towards academia and she is excited to have made this transition.
She thoroughly enjoys her clinical work- especially the family relationships that develop over years of working together - and will continue to practice with UVM Medical Center in primary pediatric care. She brings an enthusiasm for clinical practice to her teaching, advocacy and community building.
Dr. Rinehart’s career was influenced by her formative years in St. Paul, Minnesota where she was a the eldest of three. Her two younger siblings suffered complex medical needs and this experience inspired her passion for family- centered care and fueled the development of her expertise in medical home, care coordination and working with families to improve population health and medical training. In her free time, she enjoys hiking and spending time outdoors.
- Member Board
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.