Dr. Jessica Heath is a pediatric hematologist and oncologist at The University of Vermont Medical Center Children's Hospital in Burlington, Vermont. She also serves as an assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM.
Dr. Heath specializes in adolescent and young adult oncology, leukemia/lymphoma, solid tumors of childhood and blood disorders in children. She performs bone marrow biopsies and bone marrow transplants. In her research, she is focused on determining the origin or development of childhood leukemia and novel treatments for leukemia.Dr. Heath believes patient care extends to the entire family. She finds the most effective way to treat a child for any illness is for the health care team to form a partnership with the family that’s focused on the well-being of the child. Dr. Heath cares deeply for each of her patients and enjoys the lasting relationships that form within the field of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
View Dr. Heath's publications on PubMed.
- Member Board
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatric Hematology-OncologyAmerican Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.