Jesse Hahn, MD is an orthopedic surgeon at the University of Vermont Medical Center, and assistant professor in the Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation at the Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont.
Dr. Hahn believes that the road to recovery after injury can be long and frustrating. He says that through every stage of healing – from surgery to rehabilitation – “we will work together to get you back to being you.”
Dr. Hahn treats a variety of conditions, including pelvic and acetabular fractures, fractures of the upper and lower extremities, foot and ankle injuries, and tendon ruptures around the knee and ankle. Among the special procedures he performs are circular frame fixation for fractures and deformity (e.g. Ilizizarov technique) and percutaneous treatment of pelvic and acetabulum fractures.
Dr. Hahn’s research interests include social determinants affecting recovery after injury, psychological effects of injury, and cost-utility in injury treatment and orthopedic trauma.
Learn more about orthopedic care at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopaedic Surgery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.