Jennifer Elsinger is an occupational therapist, clinical lead, and Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) at the University of Vermont Medical Center. She specializes in outpatient hand rehabilitation for orthopedic elbow, wrist and hand fractures, tendon, ligament and nurve injuries, scar management, arthritis and joint contractures. Jennifer treats patients with musculoskeletal pain and injuries after surgery using therapies such as custom splinting, serial casting, and therapeutic taping.
Her research interests include quality improvement in conservative management of thumb CMC osteoarthritis, a degenerative condition of the hand.
Jennifer finds the most rewarding part of her job is the patient interactions and seeing her patients’ progress.
She believes in using a collaborative approach providing the most effective treatment options to maximize the outcome of each individual patient.
Learn more about occupational therapy at the UVM Medical Center.
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.