Jennifer M. Covino, MD
- Pediatrics - Hospital Medicine
75 Beekman Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901-1438
Pediatric Hospitalist Service - Main Campus
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, Smith 5
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Jennifer Covino, MD is a pediatric hospitalist at the University of Vermont Medical Center, and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont.
Dr. Covino has always been passionate about both science and people. She finds it rewarding to understand why and how something works, and has always been excited to connect with others and hear their stories. Medicine has provided her an opportunity to engage in both of these activities daily. She is also passionate about teaching others, and is grateful to have embarked on a career of lifelong education. As a parent, she is most proud of finding a work-life balance that allows her to show her children that it is possible to be a mom and to have a successful career.
For the past five years, Dr. Covino has served as a community pediatrician and has learned firsthand the important role of preventative medicine in pediatrics. She believes that spending time with families to build and earn the trust of both the patient and their caregivers is of utmost importance.
The most rewarding part of her days comes from working with children. She loves the energy and enthusiasm they bring to her office and is amazed by the day-to-day resilience they display. She is grateful to play a small role in their overall wellbeing.
Dr. Covino’s research interests include population health, newborn medicine and newborns affected by opioid exposure.
Learn more about pediatrics at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.