Jennifer B. Bamford, MD
- Urgent Care MedicineFamily Medicine - Primary Care
790 College Parkway
Fanny Allen Campus
Colchester, VT 05446-3052
Family Medicine - Milton
28 Centre Drive
Milton, VT 05468-3104
Dr. Jennifer Bamford is an urgent care family medicine physician at Urgent Care in Colchester, VT. She also serves as an assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM.
Her areas of expertise include women's health, pediatrics, skin lesions and managing chronic conditions. She is passionate about wellness and in empowering patients to advocate for their own health.
Dr. Bamford believes, "The joy of family medicine is the ability to take care of several generations of the same family. It is much easier to take care of the whole patient when you know where they come from, both genetically and socially. I really enjoy getting to know my patients well over time. Every aspect of our lives can affect our current health status. I feel that a good relationship with my patients helps us both to achieve an optimal outcome."
- Member Board
- American Board of Family Medicine - Family Medicine
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.