Dr. Heather Herrington is an otolaryngologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT. She specializes in pediatric airway obstruction and reconstruction, laryngeal cleft evaluation and repair, hearing loss including Cochlear implantation and BAHA implantation, cholesteatoma removal, ossicular chain reconstruction (a procedure to reestablish the connection between the ear drum and the inner ear), nasal and sinus surgery, evaluation of neck masses with in office ultrasound of the neck and thyroid with ultrasound-guided needle biopsy, thyroid and parathyroid surgery, congenital neck mass surgery, ear tube surgery, salivary gland surgery, and sleep apnea.
Dr. Herrington’s research interests include quality improvement in the care of tracheostomy and laryngectomy patients, newborn hearing screening and CMV in the setting of hearing loss.
Dr. Herrington enjoys working developing relationships with patients of all ages and their families. She looks at the patient as a whole so that she can tailor treatments to a patient’s specific situation.
Learn more about ear, nose and throat (ENT) at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.