Dr. Haley McGowan is a pediatric psychiatrist, who also serves as the Director of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychology Consult Program (CAPPCON) at the University of Vermont Medical Center.
Whether in the outpatient, inpatient or emergency setting, Dr. McGowan feels profoundly privileged to support children and families in some of their most difficult moments. She strives to enter every clinical situation with kindness, attunement, and a collaborative approach to care. Her psychiatry philosophy centers around a patient's strengths and the promotion of health and wellness. She enjoys working with and treating patients across the lifespan including children, parents, extended family members, and transitional age youth. Beyond the time spent with her patients, her research interests include collaborative care and medical education.
In addition to her work at the Medical Center Dr. McGowan is an assistant professor for the Larner College of Medicine at UVM.
Learn more about pediatric psychiatry at UVM Children’s Hospital.
- Member Board
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Child and Adolescent PsychiatryAmerican Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Psychiatry
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.