Dr. Gary Gilmond is a primary care internal medicine physician at the University of Vermont Medical Center, caring for patients suffering from hypertension, high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, depression and anxiety.
Dr. Gilmond explains, “I was lucky enough to grow up in northern Vermont in a family of dairy farmers and mental health providers. I pursued medicine and specifically primary care because I felt in this field, I could make a lasting and positive impact on real people's lives. In that vein, the most rewarding aspect of my job has been the relationships I have been able to foster with patients. Though I am still early in my career, I am proud of the care I have been able to provide to my fellow Vermonters. In my mind, Vermont is a state of tightly woven and caring rural communities. Having been encouraged and supported for so long by these communities, I feel proud to provide health care to the people of this brave little state.”
Dr. Gilmond felt a calling to primary care as a health provider because of the unique opportunities and challenges it provides. He believes primary care allows providers to build long lasting, meaningful and multidimensional relationships with patients. His care philosophy has always been to build a healthy partnership with his patients, where he can be a resource to addressing urgent concerns, as well as a caring guide to maintaining good health. He believes that shared knowledge and honesty is the bedrock of a great relationship between a primary care physician and a patient - and leads to good health care.
Learn more about primary care internal medicine at the UVM Medical Center.
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.