Dr. Fuyuki Hirashima is a cardiothoracic surgeon at the University ofVermont Medical Center and assistant professor of surgery at the LarnerCollege of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT. She specializes in adultcardiac surgery,minimally invasive heart surgery, coronary artery bypass surgery, Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation(ECMO) which is a treatment that uses a pump to pump blood through anartificial lung back to the blood stream, and Left Ventricular AssistDevice (LVAD) which is a mechanical pump inserted into a person’s chest tohelp pump blood.
Dr. Hirashima believes that heart surgery is a life changing experience forpatients -- they are not the same as they were the day before the surgerycompared to the day after. She believes that her role as a surgeon is notonly to provide a safe operation, but to help guide them through thismoment of their lives.
Learn more aboutcardiothoracic surgeryat the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Surgery - General SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic Surgery - Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.