Fatemeh Sobhani, MD is a vascular neurologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center and an assistant professor of neurology at the Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont.
Dr. Sobhani views caring for patients as a privilege, and relishes every moment spent helping her patients. She believes the key to achieving the best possible outcomes for her patients is to ensure that they feel heard, to support them in understanding their condition and treatment, and to encourage their participation in their own care. Dedicated to providing personalized and patient-centered care, Dr. Sobhani approaches each patient as a person, rather than a diagnosis.
Dr. Sobhani’s clinical interests are focused on ischemic strokes, Transient Ischemic Attacks (TIA), hemorrhagic strokes and other neurovascular disorders. Her research interests include management of acute ischemic stroke, stroke prevention, impact of Telestroke in patient outcomes and health care disparities.
- Member Board
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Vascular Neurology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.