Erin Ostby, MD, is a facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon at the University of Vermont of Medical Center in Burlington. In addition to her clinical interests, which include nasal obstruction and adult and pediatric facial trauma, she often cares for patients who are in need of rhinoplasty, nasal septal surgery, facelifts and or neck lifts, cosmetic facial surgery, otoplasty, facial trauma reconstruction, facial skin cancer reconstruction, cosmetic neuromodulator injections, and cosmetic injectable dermal fillers.
Dr. Ostby’s goal is to help her patients look and feel their very best. She works to truly understand her patients’ goals of care, and to help each patient understand their condition and both the surgical and non-surgical options available to them for treatment. She says that one of the most rewarding parts of being a facial plastic surgeon is “developing longstanding relationships with her patients and having the opportunity to improve their health and wellbeing, as well as their confidence.” She strives to provide an integrative approach toward her patients’ health and facial rejuvenation by incorporating lifestyle and nutritional regimens into her treatment recommendations, in order to enhance healthy gene expression and to promote long-lasting, natural beauty from within.
Beyond her clinical work, she has conducted research on a number of topics. You can read her work by visiting the National Library of Medicine. Dr. Ostby’s research interests include rhinoplasty techniques and outcomes, nutrition and aging, quality of life outcomes, and lifestyle medicine.
Read more about surgical services at UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.