Eric Klett, MD is an endocrinologist at the UVM Medical Center and an associate professor at the Larner College of Medicine.
Born and raised in Colorado, Dr. Klett moved to South Carolina to pursue his undergraduate degree, followed by his medical education and training. Growing up, he always wanted to figure out how things work; this curiosity stayed with him and led to his specialty in endocrinology and metabolism, which appeals to his inquisitive nature. He sees the most rewarding aspect of his job as the ability to have his hands in many areas.
Dr. Klett is the founder of the multidisciplinary gender affirming clinic at University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill. Here at UVM Medical Center, specializes in thyroid disease, adrenal/pituitary diabetes, osteoporosis, and gender affirmation hormone therapy.
Dr. Klett believes that listening to a patient is one of the most important aspects of patient care, as having a patient understand their condition and the reasons for treatment leads to better outcomes. His care philosophy is to listen to the patient and work with them as a team, in order to provide the best possible care.
In his spare time, Dr. Klett enjoys biking, hiking, watching soccer and ice hockey, and spending time with his family.
Learn more about endocrinology at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.