Dr. Elizabeth Hunt is a pediatric nephrologist and the division director for Pediatric Nephrology at the University of Vermont Children’s Hospital. She is also assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM. Dr. Hunt treats patients with acute kidney injury, chronic kidney disease, hypertension, incontinence, spina bifida, and glomerulonephritis (inflammation of the kidney). She specializes in dialysis, kidney transplant care and renal biopsy. Her research interests include acute kidney injury, hypertension and the impact of chronic illnesses on patients and families.
Dr. Hunt’s favorite part of being a pediatric nephrologist is the long term connections she makes with children and their families. Watching children grow and develop and helping support families is very rewarding for her. Dr. Hunt’s goal is to work cooperatively to ensure that everyone involved has a good understanding of the medical issues at hand and the next steps for management.
Learn more about pediatric nephrology at the UVM Children’s Hospital.
- Member Board
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatric NephrologyAmerican Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.