Elise Everett, MD is a gynecologic oncologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center. She also serves as associate professor and director of clinical clerkships at the Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont.
Her clinical interests include cervical cancer, early detection for ovarian cancer, endocervical cancer, gynecologic cancer, neoadjuvant chemotherapy for gynecologic malignancies, ovarian cancer, robotic surgery, uterine cancer, vaginal cancer and vulval cancer. Her research interests are focused on improving early detection of cervical cancer, reducing inappropriate cervical cancer screening and identifying effective tools to promote adherence to guidelines. Her publications on these topics and others can be found here.
Dr. Everett chose a career in gynecologic oncology because it is the only cancer subspecialty that allows for full comprehensive care of the patient: she is able to offer her patients surgical treatment, chemotherapy and palliative / end of life care. This allows her to build long-term relationships with her patients and their families, and to develop deep levels of trust, empathy and compassion. It is these relationships that fuel her passion for medicine.
Dr. Everett expresses deep gratitude to her patients, who allow her to participate in their lives in such a meaningful way. She is honored to have the opportunity to watch and learn from their strength, love and humility.
- Member Board
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Gynecologic OncologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Obstetrics and Gynecology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.