Dr. Wegner, an obstetrician and gynecologist, joined the Women’s Health Care Service at The UVM Medical Center in Burlington, Vermont in 1996.
Dr. Wegner's clinical focus is in the areas of gynecology, obstetrics, gynecologic ultrasound and colposcopy.
An associate professor, director of the Women's GYN ultrasound unit and Program Director of the OB/GYN residency program at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM, Dr. Wegner's research interests include HPV vaccination, cervical disease and ultrasound.
Dr. Wegner is an oral board examiner for the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) and a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). She has also received the National Faculty Award from the Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology (CREOG) on two occasions.
Learn more about Women's Health Care Services at The UVM Medical Center.
To view Dr. Wegner's research publication, Umbilical cord cysts in the first trimester: are they associated with pregnancy complications?
To view Dr. Wegner's publication, “Operative Vaginal Delivery", http://bit.ly/12lZ63e
- Member Board
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Obstetrics and Gynecology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.