Dr. Strader has conducted clinical treatment trials in the field of Gastroenterology and Hepatology for over 10 years. She currently runs a Liver clinic at The UVM Medical Center, is principal investigator for a clinical trial of eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE), and co-investigator in treatment trials of hepatitis C (HCV) and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH).
The top treatments she provides include Direct-acting agents (DAAs) with or without interferon and ribavirin for HCV; proton pump inhibitors with or without oral steroid for EoE; mesalamine, immune modulators or biologics for Imflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) and provides up-to-date management of Irritable Bowel syndrome, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), and autoimmune hepatitis.
Dr. Strader is a member of the FDA Advisory Committee for Anti-viral drugs, and she serves as the chair of the NIH Data Safety Monitoring Board of the Hepatitis B Research Network.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.