I've been practicing medicine in Vermont for 20 years and am currently the state's only pediatric plastic surgeon. In addition to treating patients from Vermont and New York's North Country, I travel to developing countries to perform surgery on children with craniofacial birth defects or, the term I prefer, facial differences.
My father, Donald R. Laub Sr., inspired me. He is a retired plastic surgeon and Stanford University professor who traveled the world with multidisciplinary medical teams to perform reconstructive surgeries on kids with cranial and facial differences. He participated in more than 150 overseas trips, occasionally bringing me, then a teenager, to observe.
At the Vermont Cleft and Craniofacial Clinic, we have a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals that cares for children with cleft palates, irregularly sharpened skulls, noses and ears, and large pigmented moles. Our team generally includes a speech pathologist, an orthodontist, a surgeon, a pediatric psychologist, a geneticist, and an ear, nose and throat specialist.
It's a collaborative process when I develop a treatment plan with my patients—adults, children, and their families. Whether they come to me for plastic surgery, hand surgery, or transgender surgery, I enjoy helping with patients to solve problems. I’m a strong believer of multidisciplinary care.”
- Member Board
- American Board of Plastic Surgery - Plastic SurgeryAmerican Board of Plastic Surgery - Surgery of the Hand (Orthopaedic)
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.