Hematology and Oncology - UVMMC Main Campus
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, Main Pavilion, Level 2
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Dr. Diego Adrianzen Herrera is a medical oncologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center specializing in malignant hematology (blood cancers) including leukemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma.
In a clinical setting, Dr. Adrianzen Herrera seeks to understand not just the medical needs of his patients, but also their right to clarity, honesty, and dignity. He focuses on providing patient-centered care, empowering his patients by involving them in treatment decisions and educating them about their condition.
While not caring for his patients, he is conducting research centered around the mechanisms of clonal hematopoiesis and leukemogenesis, health disparities in blood cancer treatment, molecular targets and cellular therapies for hematologic malignancies.
In addition, Dr. Adrianzen Herrera serves as an assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont.
Learn more about Hematology and Medical Oncology at the University of Vermont Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - HematologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine - Medical OncologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.