Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, McClure, Level 7
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Delia Horn, MD is a neonatologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center, and assistant professor of pediatrics at the Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont.
Dr. Horn believes that including families in the care of their newborn is crucial. She enjoys working closely with families while managing the care of sick neonates, striving to ease the burden of what is often a frightening experience. She views involving families in this way as an honor and a privilege, and hopes that each leaves the NICU feeling supported and cared for.
Dr. Horn performs a variety of special procedures, including endotracheal intubation, the treatment of air leak and effusions, umbilical arterial and venous lines, aEEG placement, double volume exchange transfusion, and therapeutic hypothermia. Her research interests include global health, implementation science and medical education.
- Member Board
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.