Dr. Deepak Gupta is a neurologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center and an assistant professor of neurological sciences at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM. He treats patients with movement disorders such as Parkinson’s Disease, parkinsonism/atypical parkinsonian disorders, tremor/essential tremors, dystonia, ataxia, chorea, normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH), tics/Tourette syndrome, spasticity, and cognitive impairment/dementia. Dr. Gupta specializes in procedures such as deep brain stimulation (DBS), intrathecal baclofen (ITB) therapy / pump, and botulinum toxin injections.
Dr. Gupta trained in neurology with a research track at Case Western Reserve University and then trained in movement disorders under Dr. Stanley Fahn at Columbia University. As a physician investigator, the primary niche of my academic career is on the application of medical informatics research to PD and APD, with a focus on developing novel approaches for accurate and point-of-care prediction of diagnosis and progression. My secondary niche is in medical education research in neurology and health systems science. Throughout my training and since starting as an independent investigator, I have developed several research projects, for which I have successfully obtained grants, and that resulted in peer-reviewed publications and awards.
Dr. Gupta believes in taking care of patients as wholesome human beings, not just as people with different diseases or issues. He works to provide personalized care to his patients and their families, taking into consideration how he would want a physician to take care of himself or his family members.
He is thankful to have the opportunity to live with humble people of greater Burlington area, and have the opportunity every day to take care of patients with neurological disorders from Vermont and Northern New York.
Learn more about neurology at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
If your insurance carrier is not listed below, please call Customer Service at (802) 847-8000.
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.