Danielle Burstein, MD MSCE is a pediatric cardiologist at the UVM Children’s Hospital and an assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine.
Dr. Burstein treats and manages a variety of conditions, including pediatric cardiomyopathy, pediatric heart failure, congenital heart disease, and exercise-related symptoms, and has specialized expertise in pediatric cardiopulmonary exercise stress testing and exercise training for children. Her research interests include pediatric cardiomyopathy and pediatric heart failure in acquired and congenital heart disease, pediatric exercise physiology, exercise training and rehabilitation,. Her published research can be found here.
Dr. Burstein values the opportunity to care for children throughout childhood, from infancy to young adulthood, who are affected by cardiac symptoms or disease. She realizes that having a child see a cardiologist can be very stressful for patients and families, and hopes to provide reassurance and be a source of support throughout their cardiac evaluation and cardiac care.
Dr. Burstein feels passionately that regular physical activity is important for all children for both their physical and mental wellness, regardless of their underlying heart disease. She strives to partner with patients and their families to enable them to participate in physical activity, and encourages others in the pediatric cardiology field to safely support and empower all children to do so. This requires a partnership between the child and their pediatric cardiologist to regularly assess their heart disease and provide guidance to allow for safe exercise participation. This is an area of the cardiology field that she hopes to continue to build throughout her career.
Learn more about pediatric cardiology at the UVM Children’s Hospital.
- Member Board
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatric Cardiology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.