Daniel Gerges, MD is an otolaryngologist at the UVM Medical Center and an assistant professor in the Divisions of Otolaryngology and Surgery at the Larner College of Medicine.
Dr. Gerges specializes in a variety of procedures, including cleft palate repair and pharyngoplasty for velopharyngeal dysfunction, laryngotracheal reconstruction, endoscopic airway surgery, tympanoplasty and mastoidectomy, cholesteatoma removal, ossicular chain reconstruction, osseointegrated hearing devices, cochlear implants, microtia reconstruction, neonatal ear molding, ultrasound-guided in-office procedures, congenital neck mass removal, salivary gland surgery, pediatric tracheostomy, laser treatment and surgical removal of vascular anomalies, endoscopic sinus surgery, and surgery for head and neck cancer. His research interests include clinical outcomes in cleft palate repair, vascular anomalies and simulation and 3D printing in otolaryngology training; his published research can be found here.
Dr. Gerges values taking time to build relationships with individuals and ensure that the needs and concerns of patients and their families are heard and addressed. Additionally, he hopes that at the conclusion of each visit, the patient and family leave with a better understanding of their health than when they arrived.
Learn more about otolaryngology at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.