Dr. Fleisher is a clinical psychologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center and a clinical assistant professor for the Department of Psychiatry and Department of Pediatrics at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM. Dr. Fleisher treats pediatric and adult patients with chronic illness and somatic symptoms where patients have physical symptoms that cannot be explained by a medical condition. She also treats patients with medical traumatic stress, traumatic grief, and specializes in pain management and family-centered care in the hospital setting.
Dr. Fleisher’s research includes physician-family communication related to somatic symptom disorders and screening for psychosocial concerns in medical populations.
Dr. Fleisher wants her patients to feel positive about their contribution in the world, in spite of whatever limitations they may have. She believes it truly does take a village to raise a child and a person and, as a result, an important part of her role is coordinating her patients' care with their medical providers. She wants her patients to feel heard and understood and to view her as a partner in helping them flourish in their lives.
Learn more about psychology services and pediatric psychology at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Professional Psychology - Child and Adolescent Psychology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.