Constantinos Lovoulos, MD
- Thoracic and Cardiac SurgeryGeneral Surgery
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, East Pavilion, Level 5
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Constantintonos Lovoulos, MD is a cardiothoracic surgeon at the UVM Medical Center and associate professor at the Larner College of Medicine. He treats a variety of conditions, including coronary artery disease, mitral valve and tricuspid, valve disease, thoracic aortic aneurysm and dissection, and lung pathology. Special procedures he performs include high-risk and redo cardiac surgery; coronary artery bypass surgery (with, when feasible, bilateral in-situ internal mammary artery use); valve surgery, including mitral and triscupid valve repair; thoracic aortic surgery, including valve sparing aortic root replacement, aortic arch reconstruction, descending thoracic aortic repair, open and endovascular; and robotic thoracic surgery. His research interests are focused on aortic pathology.
Dr. Lovoulos believes each patient should be treated as though they were a relative, and that the treatment plan should be tailored and individualized in a way that would provide the best care that each patient requires, the first time.
Learn more about the cardiothoracic surgery program at UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery - Thoracic and Cardiac SurgeryAmerican Board of Surgery - General Surgery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.