Ophthalmology - Main Campus
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, West Pavilion, Level 5
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Dr. Christopher Brady is an ophthalmologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT.
Dr. Brady specializes in diseases of the retina, a thin layer of tissue on your eye where visual images are formed. He treats patients with conditions such as age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vascular occlusion, retinal detachment, epiretinal membrane/macular pucker, macular hole, and complications after cataract surgery.
Dr. Brady’s research interests include telemedicine for remote detection and management of retinal diseases, new devices for retinal imaging, and crowdsourcing.
Dr. Brady finds the relationships he forms with his patients to be the most valuable. Some of his patients may only have a temporary problem, and others may need ongoing care. In both cases, he enjoys getting to know his patients and the role that vision plays in their lives.
Dr. Brady’s goal for each of his patients is for them to leave the office feeling a little better than when they came in. He believes that vision loss or the diagnosis of a vision-threatening disease is one of the scariest things that can happen to a person. In his experience, talking through the situation and developing a plan can help bring the situation under control and begin the road to healing. He takes pride in building strong relationships with his patients and working together to create a treatment plan designed specifically for their needs.
Learn more about ophthalmology (eye care) at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Ophthalmology - Ophthalmology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.