Christopher Anker, MD is a radiation oncologist at The University of Vermont Medical Center and an associate professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT. He is a member of the multidisciplinary lung, gastrointestinal, skin/melanoma, central nervous system, and head and neck teams.
Dr. Anker is active within the National Research Group (NRG), a multi-institutional cooperative research organization, and he is engaged in numerous projects involving clinical and radiation physics research. He completed his residency in radiation oncology at the University of Utah, where he then accepted a position as an assistant professor and served on the NCCN Melanoma Committee.
Dr. Anker believes in empowering patients to make treatment decisions that best fit their specific care goals. By working with the rest of the cancer team, his goal is to ensure patients have a thorough discussion of all available options.
- Member Board
- American Board of Radiology - Radiation Oncology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.