Chidinma Enyinna, MD is a nephrologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center, and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont.
Dr. Enyinna was inspired to pursue a career in medicine by her father, who is also a doctor, but stayed the course because she loved it. She chose to specialize in nephrology because an excellent professor of medicine and nephrology taught her what a broad and incredible field it is, with the opportunity to encounter and help some of the most complex patients.
Dr. Enyinna appreciates the opportunity she has to build a relationship with her patients, following them on their journey from when they first learn of their diagnosis to presenting them with different modalities and helping guide them as they choose what works best for them. Most importantly, she endeavors to have a whole person care approach to the treatment of her patients.
The top conditions Dr. Enyinna manages include kidney diseases. She has previously done research on frailty in veterans with CKD.
Learn more about nephrology at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine - Nephrology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.