Orthopedics and Rehabilitation Center - Spine Program
192 Tilley Drive
Spine Institute of New England
South Burlington, VT 05403-4440
Chason Ziino, MD is an orthopaedic spine surgeon at the University of Vermont Medical Center, and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont.
Dr. Ziino provides operative and nonoperative treatment for disorders of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, including scoliosis, fractures, infections, disc herniations, stenosis and myelopathy. He specializes in a variety of procedures, including cervical laminoplasty, cervical fusion, spinal osteotomy, scoliosis correction and lumbar fusion.He also provides care for patients who have previously undergone spine surgery and are suffering from ongoing symptoms.
He received his undergraduate and medical degrees from the University of Massachusetts and went on to complete the Orthopaedic Residency Program at Stanford University in Palo Alto, California. He then pursued subspecialty training in spine surgery at the Harvard University Combined Spine Fellowship Program at the Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts.
He cares for patients of all ages and activity levels; he believes that each patient has a unique situation that requires specialized care and a clear treatment plan, whether that involves surgery or not. He enjoys working with patients to identify the issues most important to them, and to provide a clear path forward.
Dr. Ziino’s research interests include investigating the cost effectiveness of medical interventions, minimally invasive surgery and patient outcomes following surgery.
Learn more about the Spine Program at the University of Vermont Medical Center.
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.