Dr. Carolyn Orgain is an otolaryngologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT. She specializes in endoscopic, and revision endoscopic sinus surgery, image-guided sinus surgery, skull base surgery and endoscopic orbital surgery (surgery within the eye and the sinuses). Dr. Orgain’s research interests include clinical outcomes of sinus and skull base surgery.
Dr. Orgain enjoys fostering long-term relationships with her patients while establishing and maintaining their sinonasal health. Finding the underlying cause responsible for her patients' symptoms gives her great satisfaction. Her hope is to listen to every patient's personal goals and determine the best treatment course for them. Her goal is to have her patients leave with a greater awareness of their condition and clear understanding of their treatment plan.
Learn about ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Otolaryngology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.